3/4 cup Gingersnap cookie crumbs
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 15 oz. can Bruce’s Yams® Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour, all purpose
2 Tbsp. bourbon whiskey
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
4 ea. large eggs, with yolks and whites separated
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the crust ingredients (cookie crumbs, butter or margarine and 2 Tbsp. sugar) in a bowl.
3. Press this mixture into the bottom and up a half-inch of the side of a 9″ springform pan.
4. Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from the oven and cool.
5. Place the Bruce’s Yams® Cut Sweet Potatoes, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, flour, bourbon, vanilla, salt and egg yolks in a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
6. Put the egg whites in a bowl. Beat until stiff. Fold into the sweet potato mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
8. Bake on the center rack of a 325-degree oven for 75 to 85 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack to room temperature.
10. Refrigerate until cold before serving.