- 4 cups fresh sweet potatoes (yams), cooked and mashed (about 3 1/2 lbs.) or 2 (32-ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Vegetable Magic
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp. bourbon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until creamy.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Add pecans. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes and place back in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until crumbly topping is lightly browned.
Makes 10 servings.
*Winner Best Bread/Dessert Recipe in the Bruce’s Yams Holiday Recipe Contest!!*
- 1 Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes (29 oz)
- 12 oz dried apricots, minced or chopped finely
- 1 1/2 Cups pureed Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, ( from 29 oz can)
- 4 Cups flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- 7.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Cups finely chopped toasted pecans
- 2 Cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 Cup additional unsweetened flaked coconut
Prep time : 15 minutes Serves : 36 candies (one per serving)
- Mix apricots, yams, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, pecans and powdered sugar in large bowl.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm enough to shape into 1-inch balls.
- Melt in a medium microwave-safe bowl the white chocolate morsels, stirring after two minutes to smooth (continue in 30 second intervals if more melting is needed).
- Yam-Yums can be dipped in melted white chocolate to coat, OR, you can roll in coconut.
Makes about 36 candies. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
*Winner Best Entree/Side Dish Recipe in the Bruce’s Yams Holiday Recipe Contest!!*
- 1 Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes (40 oz)
- 1 (40 oz can) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 2 whole eggs (room temp)
- 1 stick (melted) butter
- 2/3 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo Pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time 70 minutes Serves: 8-10
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the yams, eggs, melted butter, milk, pasta sauce and parsley.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add hash brown potatoes; mix well.
- Pour into an 11 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Bake 50 minutes then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.
*Winner Best Overall Recipe in the Bruce’s Yams Holiday Recipe Contest!!*
- 1 Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup(15 oz).
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar.
- 1 cup butter,softened.
- 1 15 oz. can Bruce’s Yams (cut sweet potatoes) drained.
- 2 medium bananas (ripe).
- 4 large eggs.
- 3 cups flour.
- 1/2 tsp. salt.
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder.
- 1 tsp allspice.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 55 mins. Serves: 12
- In a large bowl beat sugars and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add 15 oz. can Bruce’s Yam’s (drained) and beat until blended.
- Add the banana’s and blend.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and allspice together in medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and then pecans.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
3/4 cup Gingersnap cookie crumbs
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 15 oz. can Bruce’s Yams® Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour, all purpose
2 Tbsp. bourbon whiskey
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
4 ea. large eggs, with yolks and whites separated
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the crust ingredients (cookie crumbs, butter or margarine and 2 Tbsp. sugar) in a bowl.
3. Press this mixture into the bottom and up a half-inch of the side of a 9″ springform pan.
4. Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove from the oven and cool.
5. Place the Bruce’s Yams® Cut Sweet Potatoes, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, flour, bourbon, vanilla, salt and egg yolks in a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
6. Put the egg whites in a bowl. Beat until stiff. Fold into the sweet potato mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
8. Bake on the center rack of a 325-degree oven for 75 to 85 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack to room temperature.
10. Refrigerate until cold before serving.