- 1 Can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes (112 ounces)
- 4 Slices of Bacon, Diced
- 7 Diced Jalapeños (seeds removed)
- 1/2 Pound Diced Onion
- 1/4 Pound Diced Carrots
- 1/4 Pound Diced Celery
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 1/2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- Cajun Shake – to taste
- LA Gold Green Sauce – to taste
- In a 5 quart stock pot, render the bacon for 10 minutes on medium heat, remove bacon and then add diced vegetables and sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- After vegetables are sautéed add the sweet potato mash and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- To finish the soup remove from heat and blend with stick blender until velvety smooth, add cream and season to taste with Cajun Shake and LA Gold green sauce.
- Garnish with slice green onions and rendered bacon.