Chocolate Frosted Sweet Potato Sheet Cake
This ultra moist sweet potato spice cake is packed with flavor! Full of walnuts and dried currants, this sheet cake recipe is a great fall dessert that the whole family will love.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box spice cake mix
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and smashed
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried currants (or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 oz.) container dark chocolate frosting
Steps to Prepare
- Grease and flour a 12″x8″ sheet pan; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend together the cake mix, Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, eggs, water, oil and yogurt. When mixed, add in fruit and nuts just to blend.
- Transfer to prepared sheet pan and bake for 35 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes in pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.