Creamy Double Potatoes Au Gratin
Creamy Double Potatoes Au Gratin is a flavorful and cheesy casserole perfect for a weeknight meal.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 onion; sliced very thin
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp. mixed dried herbs
Steps to Prepare
- Peel Russet potatoes and slice thin. Transfer to a large bowl and pour milk over potatoes. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, heat Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, cream and butter over low heat (do not boil) for 10 minutes then add salt, pepper, mustard and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the Alfredo sauce and egg yolks. Add to sauce.
- Cool sauce 5 minutes then transfer to a blender, and process until smooth.
- Drain potatoes reserving 1/3 cup milk.
- In a 8 x 8: baking dish, layer half of the Russets, then pour reserved milk over potatoes followed by all of the onion slices. Spoon half of sweet potato mixture over onions and top with remaining potatoes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over top layer of Russet potatoes then bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dried herbs; cover with foil. Reduce heat to 300°F. and continue baking for an additional 25-30 minutes.