Double Potato & Ham Casserole
This Double Potato & Ham Casserole is bursting with flavor! The casserole features crispy oven-baked, thinly cubed deli ham, fresh thyme and a savory Bruce's Yams sweet potato sauce.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 fresh sweet potatoes
- 1 cup thinly cubed deli ham
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter; melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- fresh thyme springs for garnish
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F, and butter a 9” x 12” glass baking dish; set aside.
- Peel both types of potatoes and cube (making sweet potatoes slightly bigger as they cook faster than white potatoes) and transfer to a large mixing bowl along with the ham and onion.
- Place Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, evaporated milk, butter, salt, pepper and dried thyme in a power blender and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the fresh potatoes, ham and onions and toss to coat well; transfer to buttered dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, reduce heat to 325°F and bake an additional 20 minutes (stirring once or twice) until potatoes are fork tender. Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs before serving, if desired.