Fresh Candied Sweet Potatoes
A new take on the traditional Candied Sweet Potatoes! Combine marshmallow cream, candied peanuts and pomegranate seeds on a fresh, baked sweet potato.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 large Bruce's Yams Sweet Potatoes; baked in their jackets
- 2 tbs. soft butter
- 2 tbs. plus 4 tsp. marshmallow cream
- pinch point sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup crushed toffee peanuts*
- fresh pomegranate seeds
Steps to Prepare
- Carefully slice hot sweet potatoes lengthwise (keeping skin intact) and scoop flesh into a bowl.
- Add butter, 2 tablespoons marshmallow cream and pinch sea salt to potatoes; stir to blend and spoon back into sweet potato jackets.
- Place one teaspoon marshmallow cream on each half potato then microwave for 30-40 seconds to melt marshmallow cream.
- Top potatoes with pepper (optional), toffee peanuts and pomegranate seeds.
*If you cannot find toffee peanuts in your area, any candied but can be used.