Southern Style Favorite Yams has been tested by competitive cook and recipe developer Michaela Rosenthal.
- 1 (40 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup (drained well)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbs. melted (cooled) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg)
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the Bruce’s Yams, egg yolks and butter.
- When blended add cream, brown sugar and spices; transfer to a 1 quart (6” x 9”) glass baking dish (or a 9” pie plate). Cover top of casserole with mini marshmallows and bake for 25-30 minutes until tops of marshmallows are light golden brown.
Yield: 4-6 servings.
*For a variation: Spread an 8 oz. (well drained) can of crushed pineapple on top of casserole before covering with mini marshmallows.