Sweet Potato Cake with Candied Walnuts
This delicious French vanilla Sweet Potato Cake features a sticky sweet candied walnut topping with brown sugar. Perfect quick & easy loaf pan recipe!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (16.5 oz) box French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained (1 tbs. syrup reserved)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. dairy sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- pinch salt
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour an 8 cup loaf pan; chill for 10 minutes
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the cake mix, eggs, Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, water, oil and sour cream.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan; set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter, then add syrup and brown sugar.
- Stir in walnuts and saute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon walnuts over the top of cake and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let rest in pan for 5 minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.