Sweet Potato & Maple Pastry
Our Sweet Potato & Maple Pastry is loaded with sweet potatoes, pecans and golden raisins, and features a creamy maple icing. Great for brunch!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 - 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 (29 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and reserved
- 1 box (2 count) frozen puff pastry sheets; defrosted
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup; warmed
- reserved sweet potato syrup
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Smash Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes until almost smooth.
- Melt better in a small skillet and toast pecans for 1-2 minutes (careful not to burn).
- On a floured work surface, roll out each pastry sheet (one at a time) to 14” x 9” (does not have to be exact).
- Scoop half of sweet potatoes and spoon down (lengthwise) onto the first third of the pastry sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans and raisins over the sweet potatoes then roll up.
- Tuck the ends under and place (seam side down) on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with second pastry sheet. With a spatula, press down gently to flatten slightly.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with the beaten egg white and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make icing, stir together the powdered sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and maple syrup. Stir in just enough sweet potato syrup to thin out icing to desired consistency.
- Drizzle over warm pastry and sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Allow to harden (30 minutes) before cutting into 6 pieces.