Sweet Potato Pudding
Imagine sweet potato pie without the crust. Our Sweet Potato Pudding is sweet and light, and makes a great weeknight or holiday side dish.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (40 oz.) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 3 whole large eggs; separated
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (plus extra to butter casserole dish)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. dried mustard
Steps to Prepare
- Butter a 1-1/2 quart baking side; set aside.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes and egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat together until sweet potatoes are almost smooth then add butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and dried mustard.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form then gently fold into the sweet potato mixture.
- Scoop sweet potato mixture into prepared casserole dish and bake for 50 minutes until set.
*This dish is best served straight from the oven.