Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies
Yummy Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies featuring snickerdoodle cookie mix and chocolate fudge frosting. Orange and yellow sprinkles make them perfect for Halloween!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1/2 cup (from a 15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained (reserve 2 tbs. syrup)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1 (17.5 oz.) box Snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (16 oz.) tub chocolate fudge frosting
- orange and yellow sprinkles; optional
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whip together the Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, egg and butter, until smooth. Add cookie mix and flour; stir until just blended.
- Pour cinnamon sugar (comes in cookie mix box) onto a plate. Roll 24 cookies into 2” balls and place on cinnamon sugar. Press cookies down and turn over to coat both sides.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and put in oven to bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies, and cool 15-20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, stir the frosting with the sweet potato syrup. When cookies are cool, thickly frost the underside of 12 cookies then top with the second half of cookies.
- Roll edges of cookie (frosting) in orange and yellow sprinkles, if desired.