This sweet soup was served recently to The First Family!
- 1 29oz can Bruce’s Cut Yams
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and heat for 1 minute, then whisk in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Open and drain the syrup from the 29oz Bruce’s Cut Yams. Add to the soup. Blend with a stick blender or puree using a food processor. Cook for 5 more minutes so they can soak up the flavor. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of sesame oil and a little bit of cilantro.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 5 Min
Ready In: 15 Min